Simianlarity

Simianlarity




(Written 1/18/2001)
As he sits upon his boulder, opposable thumb and finger, he looks like a thinker, a higher type of man But then he turns and looks at me, his eyes are full of mystery why are you so resigned to be less than a man? Sometimes my thoughts to myself at home, alone, I try to see that deeper me to find the truth in my soul, only the struggle becomes too intense to see Life tries to push and life tries to pull me, shatters into pieces my reality I saw in the mirror of my self-perception the man I beLIEved others wanted me to be Lies, they tell you you have no future changes your perception of reality Lies, you see from beyond the mirror changes, now discover your soul's identity As he rehearses his mind back to the beginning he's got it all figured out got that sacred call He's got a drug for all occasions he thinks he is winning but he is drowning fast in Paxil land and alcohol And he rants and raves in his darkworld cave he's judge and hangman as he misbehaves he's less a thinker than a primitive man He shouts angrily, "God is on my side" then runs back to his cave he proceeds to hide why are you so resigned to be less than man? Sometimes my thoughts to myself at home, alone, I try to see that deeper me to find the truth in my heart, only the struggle becomes too intense to see Life tries to push and life tries to pull me, shatters into pieces my reality I saw in the mirror of my self-perception the man I beLIEved others wanted me to be Lies, they tell you you have no future changes your perception of reality Lies, you see from beyond the mirror changes, now discover your soul's identity As he rehearses his mind back to the beginning he's got it all figured out got that sacred call He's got a drug for all occasions he thinks he is winning but he is drowning fast in Paxil land and alcohol Lies, they tell you you have no future changes your perception of reality Lies, you see from beyond the mirror changes, now discover your soul's identity Sometimes my thoughts to myself at home, alone, I try to see that deeper me to find the truth in my heart, only the struggle becomes too intense to see Life tries to push and life tries to pull me, shatters into pieces my reality I saw in the mirror of my self-perception the man I beLIEved others wanted me to be Lies, they tell you you have no future changes your perception of reality Lies, you see from beyond the mirror changes, now discover your soul's identity Vocals: Amadon Gabriel Lyrics: Timothy Ray Walls Lead, Rhythm and Bass Guitars: Timothy Ray Walls Yamaha Beat Box: Amadon Gabriel Editing and Mixing: Amadon Gabriel and Timothy Ray Walls


The Music of Timothy Ray Walls

I've been known to write and perform a song or two over the course of an interesting and highly creative life. Never famous. Never sought fame. Creativity is of greatest importance in my experience. Having a lot of fun along the way being as creative as my imagination allows me to be and wherever it may take me.

Copyright Timothy Ray Walls 2021



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Are the Victim of Your Own Mind | Any Questions?

The Secret of Life Itself | Unfolds in the Still Mind that is Focused in Quiet Listening…

Is Heaven on Earth Fiction or a Possibility?