Lunchtime in Rena’s

 Lunchtime in Rena’s



(Written in 1985)
lunchtime in renas
Eating lunch in Rena’s Delicatessen I see faces here I once knew remaining anonymous in the crowd… And herein lies the delicate lesson wherein the face is familiar, but the self enshrouds persons with which I no longer have to do… I could reveal–puff up my chest if only for the ego to show yes, I remember them from memories laid to rest… My mind-the spirit does quicken their thoughts and actions to know which betray motives under thin skin… Ah…so my lunch is now over And I pass by the faces I once knew remaining anonymous in the crowd…
Copyright Timothy Ray Walls 2020


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Are the Victim of Your Own Mind | Any Questions?

The Secret of Life Itself | Unfolds in the Still Mind that is Focused in Quiet Listening…

Is Heaven on Earth Fiction or a Possibility?